- Awarded ‘DAAD fellowship (long term)’ for the year 1983-84 under CSIR-German academic exchange service.
- Received ‘Nilamani Devi - Biswanath Das award (1995)’ for significant contribution in the field of Hydro & Electrometallurgy, Indian Institute of Metals: Bhubaneswar.
- Received visiting scientist fellowship from Murdoch University, Perth, W. Australia for six months from April to September 1997.
- Received DAAD fellowship under re- invitation programme for the year 2007 and visited T. U. Berlin, T.U. Freiberg, Germany and participated in the ‘European Metallurgical Conference 2007’ at Dusseldorf, Germany.
- The paper entitled ‘Development of a bioleaching process to recover copper and zinc from sulphides’ by C. K. Pani, L. Patnaik, B. Mohanthy, K. Sanjay, K. Srinivasa Rao, G. R. Choudary, R. N. Kar, T. Subbaiah, et al. won the best poster award at 38th National Metallurgists Day - 54th Annual Technical Meeting, Bhilai, 14-16 November 2000.
- The paper entitled ‘Electrolytic behavior of hydrothermally prepared b-nickel hydroxide’ by R. Acharya, T. Subbaiah, S. Anand, and R. P. Das, was awarded first prize in oral presentation at 39th National Metallurgists Day - 55th Annual Technical Meeting, Bhubaneswar 2001.
- Received best poster award for the paper entitled ‘Electrochemical preparation of nickel hydroxide from nickel nitrate in the presence of manganese and cobalt by B. Ash, K. Sanjay, T. Subbaiah and S. Anand, in the International conference on ‘Electrochemical Power Systems (ICEPS-2)’, Hyderabad, 2004.
- Received best paper award for the paper ‘High pure manganese dioxide for steel industry prepared through electrochemical pathway’ by J. P. Panda, B. Ash, K. Sanjay, T. Subbaiah and S. Anand at International iron and steel making conference, Bhubaneswar, 27-28 June, 2008.